Joint venture awarded record $200m contract by TRW

MyCustomer.com
Share this content

A joint venture between Satyam and TRW has received a $200 million purchase order – the largest single order received by an Indian-managed software solutions company.

The joint venture, Satyam Manufacturing Technology (SMT), will provide IT, engineering consulting and professional services to TRW. The project, scheduled to be completed before June 1, 2005, covers enterprise resource management, supply chain management, information systems, eBusiness applications and engineering services.

SMT is managed and run by Satyam, which has a 76% equity interest in the venture; TRW holding the remaining 24%. Through the work executed for TRW, the joint venture will acquire core competencies and domain expertise in the auto sector. SMT will then leverage these competencies to acquire other customers.

About TRW
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, USA, TRW is a $17 billion company employing more than 120,000 employees in 35 countries. TRW supply automotive occupant safety products, automotive electronics, steering and suspension systems, and engine components to spacecraft and space communications, defense systems, telecommunications, information technology, public safety, and other complex integrated systems.
The company has several pioneering achievements to its credit: the first automobile power steering; first intercontinental ballistic missile system; Pioneer 10 first spacecraft to leave our solar system; first variable thrust rocket engine, facilitating manned landing on the Moon; and the first very high speed functional integrated circuit chip.

Satyam

Replies

Please login or register to join the discussion.

There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.