Less than one in ten large businesses qualify as ‘customer-centric’ according to a new research report into customer experience management - but this number has doubled in the past year.
- Purposeful Leadership: Do leaders operate consistently with a clear set of values?
- Compelling Brand Values: Do the brand promises drive how you interact with customers?
- Employee Engagement: Are employees aligned with the goals of the organisation?
- Customer Connectedness: Does insight about customers drive decisions across the company?
- Nearly six out of 10 respondents have a senior executive leading customer experience efforts across the company.
- On average, companies have six to eight employees focused on customer experience; 28% have more than 20 employees in this area.
- Nearly 80% of companies with voice of the customer programs report that they are already delivering positive business results.
- Voice of the customer programs run into the most obstacles when it comes to integrating CRM data and analysing social media conversations.
Companies with higher levels of customer experience maturity focus more on employees and culture, less on cutting costs.