The 3 best survey distribution methods for 2021
Using the right survey distribution method is perhaps the most important in ensuring maximum survey response rate. Choosing the right survey distribution method enables you to reach your customers where they are - so they can easily respond to your survey.
Surveys are the most effective way to know your customer and understand their likes and dislike about your business, brand, service, and staff. Using surveys, you can measure customer satisfaction, gather business insights, use those insights to solve customer problems, reduce customer churn, and grow your business.
The relevancy of your survey results improves as your survey response rate improves. The more responses you get, the better and more accurate your survey report would be as it would be representing the majority of your audiences and customers.
The Survey Response Rate depends on a lot of factors like Survey Relevance, Questions Asked, Ease of Questions, Options Availability, Time available by the customer, and so on. But all these are secondary. The most important factor that determines whether the customer even considers or notices your survey is how the survey is delivered or distributed to them.
Survey Distribution Methods
Survey distribution methods refer to the ways and channels through which you send your surveys to your customers. Surveys can be conducted in many ways personal, over call, on Emails, SMS, etc. But different situations influence the call for survey distribution methods. Moreover, Survey Distribution methods help you to gather data that contributes to improving your products, services, and business along with your customer services.
So, choose those survey methods that ensure high reachability. For this, you need to understand the customer’s flexibility and ease to take the surveys. So, without further ado, let’s explore some best survey distribution methods that lead your surveys to go in the right hand.
3 Best Survey Distribution Methods
Distribution of Survey via Email
In 2019, the number of global e-mail users amounted to 3.9 billion and is set to grow to 4.48 billion users in 2024. This prediction makes Email a better survey method for business and market professionals, especially for collecting customer data or a survey.
Ways to collect Email Surveys at Zonka Feedback
With email distribution, there are three different ways to send an email survey to your customers:
- Embedded Email Survey - In the Embedded Email Survey, you can embed your first survey question in the email itself, and the respondent can answer the question directly in the email body. An embedded Email Survey increases response rates significantly.
- Button Email Survey - In this survey method, you can link your survey on the button. When your respondents click on the button, it redirects them to the survey page. Nowadays, a button survey is the default setting available in every Email Survey Platform.
- Hyperlink Email Survey - Very similar to the button Email Survey, this Link-based Email Survey is the most common method to survey email. Here in this, you can hyperlink a suitable text or any call-to-action like “Take the survey” or “Share your feedback” to your survey URL. On click, this link launches a survey in your respondents' web browser.
When do you Distribute Surveys via Emails?
There are various touchpoints in hotels where you need to send an email survey to your customers like post-sales, post-order confirmation, post-interaction, or after a customer has received a service. Zonka Feedback Email Survey facilitates you to schedule your survey according to the availability of your customers. You can send your email survey - Immediately or can schedule based on the events.
- Sending Now, Right away - If you want to send the Email Survey right away, you can do it directly through Zonka Feedback by uploading a list of contacts or choosing from your Contact List and triggering the email survey by using the Send Now option.
- Send Later - When you take product or service feedback, definitely your customers will use your product or service for some time and then provide genuine feedback. So, in this case, you can send your survey later, or better you schedule the trigger of your survey.
- Schedule the Survey Based on Event - Taking at-the-moment feedback is very useful. So, in this scenario, you can automate the trigger of the schedule of your survey using APIs and Webhooks or Integrate with your tools.
How you Can Make the Best Possible Use of an Email Survey?
The way you compose and use the Email Survey can be very different. Based on the use-case, the industry, and what you’re looking to measure, here are 6 different types of Email Surveys:
- Customer Satisfaction & Customer Experience Surveys - You can easily gauge customer experience by sending customer experience metric surveys including NPS, CSAT, and CES via Email.
- Post Transaction & Delivery Survey - To track the instant customer experience you can immediately send a transactional survey via Email.
- Cart Abandonment Surveys - Sending Cart Abandonment Surveys via Email helps you to improve your website along with the online shopping experience.
- Human Resource Surveys: Employee Feedback - You can capture the pulse of your employees by sharing short-customized employee feedback forms via email.
- Market Research Surveys: Information Gathering - Email Surveys enable you to conduct a post-sales marketing survey to gauge the experience you are providing.
- Event Surveys: Trade Shows & Exhibitions Satisfaction Survey - Capture the real-time instant reaction of your attendees through Email Surveys.
- Industry-based Surveys - Various industry verticals like Restaurant, hotels, Healthcare, Retailers, Automobile, Banking & Insurance, Spa & Salon, and Airline & airports Beauty & Fitness, etc. are sending industry-based surveys via email.
How to Improve Email Survey Response Rate?
- Keep Your Email Survey Short and Simple
- Personalize your Email Survey
- Embed Survey Questions into Emails
- Write catchy Subject Lines
- Add Sense of Urgency in Your Survey
- Optimize Your Survey Emails For Mobile Devices
- Integrate Your Email Surveys with the CRM Platforms
- Motivate Your Respondents
- Schedule your survey properly
- Choose the Right Email Survey Software
Distribution of Survey via SMSes
If your customers are not accessing the net, then also you can take surveys without any inconvenience by choosing SMS as a survey method. The main benefit of using SMS as a survey channel is that you can get immediate feedback on an event or product from a client or customers while they’re on the go. Either you can share a simple survey in the form of text with MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions) or SCQs (Single Choice Questions) on SMS or you can also share the survey link via SMS. To improve the response rate of the SMS Survey, you can embed the first question of your survey into the text.
When do you Distribute Survey via SMSes
Text is the most convenient way to reach your customers because on average of 31% of consumers will respond to a survey via SMS with the average response time for users being just over 5 minutes. You can efficiently schedule and manage the distribution of SMS surveys with the help of Zonka Feedback. This in turn directly increases your survey response rate. However, not all times do our customers give us feedback on the first go. So, Zonka Feedback has two main “Send Options”:
- Send No - Through this option, you can send the SMS Survey right away to capture instant customer feedback.
- Send Later - In this option, you can schedule your SMS. This setting enables you to schedule your survey by setting the date and time. You can also automate your SMS Surveys with APIs to integrate with applications such as Twilio, Plivio, and Gupshup software.
How you Can Make the Best Use of SMS Survey
The versatility of the SMS Survey helps you to collect real-time and accurate customer data. SMS Surveys sent the right way, using some of these mentioned points, can help you get a very high SMS Survey response rate.
- Periodic SMS Survey - If you want to collect the customer experience survey via NPS, CSAT, or CES, then the Periodic SMS survey is the best channel for you because surveys like NPS and CSAT are something that is done periodically.
- Event-Based SMS Surveys - Event-based messages are those which are triggered through an event or transaction. This is used to gauge the experience of the services. For example, when customers complete a bank transaction, bank institutions immediately send SMS surveys with the liner “Rate your experience by clicking on the link” followed by a survey link. Also, Post a complaint ticket that has been raised by your customer and resolved by your team members and agents, you can send a CES Survey link via SMS to ask customers for their feedback about the ease of getting their issue resolved.
- Campaign-Based SMS Surveys - This survey is taken to create a buzz for a newly launched product or a service. Sending SMS surveys you can ask them what they feel about your product, service, or brand.
- SMS Surveys for customers who haven't visited you for a long time - This usually happens in the business that your customers didn’t purchase any product or service from your store. In this scenario, you may count them as churned customers. But before jumping to any conclusion, it is better to send an SMS Survey with text like “We noticed that you didn’t buy our Products or Services for a long time. Would you like to let us know how we can serve you better?” Their feedback enables you to take appropriate actions that can improve your products and services.
How to Improve the SMS Survey Response Rate?
- Automate your SMSes
- Compose a short and effective message
- Don’t overspend messages
- Keep the surveys short & simple
- Send Surveys at the right time
- Use your company branding
Distribute Surveys via Website
If you are looking for the most exciting and easiest way to get customer feedback? A popup customer survey on the product or blog page can grab the attention of your website visitors. With Zonka Feedback’s Website Feedback Surveys, you can take feedback on your Website using Web Embedded Surveys and Web Feedback Widgets to get valuable insights about the website visitor experience.
When do you Distribute Surveys via Website Feedback?
There are various touchpoints where you can conduct website feedback. Here we are compiling several touchpoints where you can survey your visitors to gauge their experience:
- Post Transaction: Sending a Post Transaction Survey after a product or service is purchased by the customer is a great way to ask the customers directly about their shopping experience. It helps you to get answers to the questions like - was the purchase experience delightful, did the customer face any issues during the transaction, are there any improvements you can do for a quicker and easier transaction?
- Post Sign Up: After customers sign up or download a resource from you, taking their feedback can be very helpful in gauging their experience about the signup process as well as in understanding how the experience after sign up has been for the customer.
- After Shopping Cart Abandonment: Did you know that 68% of online customers abandon their shopping carts? Surveying visitors at this point helps you to track the obstacles that prevent them to buy from your business.
- In Article and Blogs: Article or blog page is the gateway to your website. Yes, your visitor will take entry to your website through a blog page. So, embedding NPS Survey forms at a blog page can provide you with the opportunity to connect with your visitors seamlessly.
Ways to collect Website Feedback at Zonka Feedback
The website feedback survey helps you get direct answers from people. In Zonka Feedback, we have 2 major ways to conduct the NPS Surveys via the website:
- Embed Surveys - You can embed the created survey on your website. In this, you can add the feedback form inline, on your web page or blog. With just a few steps you can embed your survey form. This doesn’t require any special coding from a Web developer. It is a simple DIY in Zonka Feedback. You can also configure your feedback based on your website/app and customize the look along with the height and width of your survey.
- Widget Surveys - Website feedback widgets are an easy way to connect with your website visitors. You can configure how and when your survey widget should appear on your website or blog. Zonka Feedback provides various customized options that enable you to have a personalized appearance setting, visitors Targeting and managing their behavior. Through widgets, you can add the feedback form as a popover or a button on your website.