CX job vacancy of the week: Amey
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience, Amey (based in England, UK)
Amey is a leading infrastructure services and engineering company. It helps the economy to grow by designing, maintaining and transforming the nation’s strategic assets.
Amey's 16,000 people help to create a unique engineering and operations experience, which together with data driven insight from consulting business, delivers better results for clients. It is a trusted partner of Government – both national and local – managing assets and complex projects that are vital to the sustainable growth of the country.
Working as part of the newly formed Business Services team, the Head of Customer Experience will develop, champion, and promote the strategic and tactical delivery and measurement approach to embed Customer Experience Excellence, both internally and externally across the business. Working with Account Leads to ensure a consistent standard of delivery of end customer objectives/outcomes across all activity supported by the right cultural focus.
The role will also support the development of relationships with clients promoting Amey's capabilities and value-added service to deliver their customer objectives. This is a highly visible strategic leadership role that plays a key part in supporting the overall growth strategy for the business now and ongoing.
- Evolving and providing oversight for a Utility wide customer experience strategy to embed a clear direction and plan that can be owned and communicated at all levels of the business.
- Developing and maintaining a best practice CX toolkit to support new and existing accounts across the Utilities business, to drive consistency and quality of customer delivery opportunities.
- Inputting to the wider Utilities business change roadmap and owning plans for any central customer experience enablers (including training, technology, infrastructure etc) to ensure these support overall CX strategy delivery.
- Leading a customer community of best practice – providing a forum for continual sharing and learning across teams (internal and external) to create an engaged and support network to champion and drive ongoing improvements to customer performance.
- Lead subject matter expert on CX across the business for consultation on bids, strategic initiatives and/or escalation of high profile/risk issues and events relating to end customer engagement or management.
- Providing regular oversight and any challenge to accountable cross business leadership teams against agreed customer experience performance measures and customer feedback trends; working with stakeholders to address any gaps or improvement plans required (or celebrate successes).
- Leading engagement activity to drive customer focus across all areas of the business to ensure buy in and understanding of requirements at every level.
- Ensuring that the business is raising the profile and continually promoting its customer experience delivery activity both internally and externally.
- Building relationship and networks with existing and prospective client stakeholders to understand challenges and needs around customer space and sharing/developing solutions to help meet these requirements.
- Providing continual insight into cross industry best practice around customer experience trends and developments to support ongoing innovation and thinking on behalf of our clients’ needs.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable senior management experience in building and executing effective customer experience/service strategies and programmes in high performing service organisations.
- Experience of driving results through multiple stakeholder groups (not owned by yourself).
- Outstanding client service professional.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels internally and externally; translating abstract ideas into simple deliverables to align teams and support delivery.
- Some understanding of the utility sector and/or regulated businesses would be an advantage but not essential.
- Able to analyse and interpret key data and present solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Experienced in customer journey mapping and framework development.
- Strong and inspirational leader.
- Strongly held personal values and operates with openness and integrity.
- Remains calm and measured under pressure.
- Outstanding communicator with both verbal and written skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Experience of CRM systems.
- Competent in MS Office.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Amey jobs board.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.
Please login or register to join the discussion.
There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.