CX job vacancy of the week: Cadent Gas
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience, Cadent Gas (based in London, UK)
Cadent is at the start of an exciting journey of transformation, growth and evolution. It's new - but 200 years old. You might have known it as part of National Grid but now it's transformed itself to Cadent. It's the UK’s largest gas network connecting and keeping energy flowing to its customer’s 12 million homes and businesses across the UK.
Join Cadent as Head of Customer Experience and start a transformation journey adding real purpose and direction to your career and feel genuinely proud about what you do.
The Head of Customer Experience is the keeper of customer happiness. They will be at the forefront of driving this agenda and ensuring Cadent continues to develop a strong culture and focus on customers through all of the company's customer interfaces.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain a deep understanding of Cadent's customers and use this to shape and continuously improve the service that the company offers. Central to the role is establishing a Customer Plan and Customer KPIs that enables the business units to monitor the experience of customers, prioritise investments based on customer needs and close the loop with customers to ensure Cadent maintains high levels of satisfaction.
The Head of Customer Experience will also take a role in defining the day to day operational design to ensure that Cadent is set up to deliver a service that its customers love. They will also build strong relationships with all parts of the end-to-end customer touchpoints including Emergency Response & Repair, Planned Work, Connections & the company's Construction Management Organisation to ensure that all areas of the business are delighting customers.
- Leading the strategic direction of the team in the customer arena. This includes the development and deployment of a ‘best in class’ Customer Plan.
- Drive process improvements and adoption whilst motivating others to meet the challenges of a customer demanding environment. Including indirect management of customer initiatives and improvements within the Construction Management Organisation.
- Ensure that all leaders reporting to the Network Director have a clear understanding of the company’s vision and goals for customer experience excellence. This includes setting the customer experience goals assigned to top management as part of their annual performance assessment.
- Managing local customer teams within the network. This includes the management of customer complaints ensuring timely resolutions and sharing of any root cause analysis.
- Relevant reporting on current levels of customer performance, including an understanding of the relative impact of any initiatives/improvement projects.
- Managing the networks responsibilities associated with Vulnerable Customers and the way the company's works impact them.
- Gain deep relationships with all key stakeholders of the business and provide guidance to meet customer experience and operational goals
- Supporting the Customer Operations Area Managers on specific customer issues and the direct management of Customer Liaison Officers across the Areas.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent experience in a similar role.
- Experienced in leading a Customer Experience team with a proven track record of customer satisfaction successes.
- Experience of developing a set of plans and initiatives that seek to jointly deliver improvement across a set of agreed targets.
- Experience in indirectly managing performance improvements across a large and varied workforce.
- An understanding of the need for change and the ability to support through the challenges.
- Knowledge of the RIIO regulatory deal and the customer commitments within it.
- Local knowledge of the geographic areas and key stakeholders.
- The ability to create strong and effective working relationships with other colleagues and stakeholders.
- A confident decision maker.
- Be business aware.
- Committed to safety.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Cadent Gas jobs board.
You might also be interested in
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 15 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined Sift Media in 2007.