CX job vacancy of the week: Cazoo
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience Optimisation (based in London, UK)
Cazoo's mission is to transform the car buying experience across the UK and Europe by providing better selection, flexibility, transparency, convenience and peace of mind. Its aim is to make getting your next car no different to ordering any other product online today, where consumers can simply and seamlessly purchase, finance or subscribe to a car entirely online for delivery or collection in as little as 72 hours.
Cazoo was founded in 2018 by serial entrepreneur Alex Chesterman OBE, has a highly experienced management team and is backed by some of the leading global technology investors.
Cazoo launched its online proposition in December 2019, allowing customers to order a car from the comfort of their own home and get it delivered to their door in as little as 72 hours. It also recently launched Cazoo Customer Centres (CCCs) as the next step in its exciting journey. This will allow customers the flexibility to choose whether to pick up their car or have it delivered to their door, as well as offering the customer the opportunity to receive face-to-face support during their search. Cazoo has recently acquired Drover, a subscription based service and will be looking to launch the Cazoo Subscription Service later this year. From the very start of their journey, through to receiving their car and beyond, the customer will be supported throughout by a number of customer facing teams who strive to deliver amazing customer service.
Reporting into the Customer Experience Director, this role will be responsible for overseeing the development and refinement of the customer experience delivered across its customer facing teams, including our Customer Centre Specialists, Delivery Specialists, Service teams and to a lesser extent, our central Customer Support team.
- Responsible for the design of the overall customer experience across off-line touchpoints, you’ll champion customer obsession across all teams. This spans all customer facing teams (c. 500 people at the end of Q1), including Customer Centre Specialists in Cazoo's 16+ Customer Centres, our Service Teams in the accompanying Service Centres and its population of 150+ Delivery Specialists. You’ll also partner closely with the Head of Customer Support to define the role which the central Customer Support Team plays in the experience.
- You’ll also be a strong advocate for the customer across the organisation and act as the “voice of the customer”, driving customer-obsessed decisions based on deep customer insight, particularly as the business rapidly grows through acquisitions.
- You’ll have a broad reaching remit but will be directly responsible for managing 2-3 direct reports and have oversight for a broader team of c. 6 people. You’ll oversee Customer Insight, Customer Experience Service Design and Customer Experience Optimisation.
- Whilst Customer Insight and Customer Experience Optimisation (the Project Management Team who look to identify opportunities to improve processes and systems) already have teams recruited, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves on Service Design in the early days and take direct responsibility for designing customer journeys and writing scripts for customer facing teams.
- Take a data based approach to measuring customer experience and act quickly to recommend, implement and measure changes. This could span updating or introducing policies, processes, systems or tools.
- Build an extremely close relationship with the functional leaders of the customer facing teams to ensure the desired customer experience is being executed in day to day operations. Understand and overcome any blockers to implementation.
- Work closely with multifunctional teams across the business. Within the Customer function, you’ll partner closely with CRM, Content and Digital Marketing teams to understand and optimise the end-to-end customer journey. In addition to the Logistics and Operations teams, you’ll also work closely with the Product Team, flagging opportunities for further exploration.
- You’ll play a pivotal role in consolidating the requirements across the sub-teams of the Customer Experience Team (namely CRM and Customer Support) when it comes to launching new elements of the proposition and you’ll need to bring these distinct pieces together into one cohesive journey.
- Contribute to the Customer Experience Training roadmap to ensure the central Training Team can empower the relevant teams to deliver the desired experience.
- Defining and implementing the upsell strategy in collaboration with the Partnerships Director, ensuring Cazoo adheres to the relevant regulations and striking the right balance between achieving ambitious targets without being detrimental to the customer experience.
- Identification, appointment and management of relevant 3rd party support.
- Regular travel will be required between London and Southampton where the Customer Support Team and broader Customer Experience Team are based, as well as occasional travel to meet up with key stakeholders and teams across Cazoo's nationwide network of CCCs, where our Customer Centre Staff, Service Centre Teams and Delivery Specialists are based.
- Strong passion for the customer, with plenty of examples of working in a customer focussed organisation.
- Experience designing customer journeys, for example in a Service Design role.
- Highly analytical, with experience of creating or working closely with Qualitative and Quantitative research.
- Creative and comfortable writing customer facing content / scripts.
- Ability to identify an opportunity, define a plan and bring people together to make it happen.
- Comfortable in making data based recommendations and can make decisions quickly, moving at pace to implement them.
- Proven track record of managing a remote team, with a wide ranging remit.
- Highly organised, with a strong attention to detail.
- Collaborative and can quickly build relationships, even in a remote, high paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with a natural inclination to challenge the status quo.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Cazoo jobs board.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.