CX job vacancy of the week: Close Brothers
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience at Close Brothers (based in London)
Close Brothers is a leading merchant banking group, providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. Employing 2,800 people, principally in the UK, it is one of the largest 250 companies listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Close Brothers offers finance and savings products to retail, SME and corporate customers, and is seeking a head of customer experience for its Banking Division to ensure it continues to develop a strong culture and focus on its customers and partners. The successful applicant will establish and maintain a deep understanding of customers and partners and use this to shape and iteratively improve the products and service the company offers. Central to the role is establishing a Voice of the Customer programme and measurement that enables the business units to monitor the experience of customers, prioritise investments based on customer need and close the loop with customers to ensure Close Brothers maintains high levels of satisfaction.
In addition to this, the head of customer experience will take a leadership role in defining the experience and channel strategy for the future state operating model of the bank. They will also support the implementation of agile working practices to ensure the businesses are able to move from concept, through design to implementation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading and coordinating customer-focused strategies for business units such as defining their customer vision and channel and contact strategies.
- Leading the rollout and embedding of the Voice of the Customer programme across the bank business units. This includes oversight of initiatives to support business units to ‘close the loop’ with partners and customers.
- Working with the digital design team and other required functions on agile design sprints for bank wide opportunities or issues.
- Working with the chief customer officer to define the terms of reference and plan and run the bank customer forum with the senior leadership of the bank.
- Supporting the business units to effectively run their business unit customer forums.
- Recruiting, training and employing high calibre employees within budget, headcount levels and temporary resource requirements.
- Working with the chief customer officer and HR Business Partner, developing a culture of performance management, improvement and appraisal as a foundation for excellent organisational performance.
Skills and expertise required:
- Examples of having led customer experience programmes.
- Multiple examples of leading project using user centred design methods e.g. Design Thinking.
- Examples of creating a customer vision, channel and contact strategies.
- Repeated experience of conducting qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience of setting up a voice of the customer and / or customer insight programme.
- Record of identifying innovation to drive a shift change in experience.
- Workshop preparation, facilitation and write-up.
- Negotiation and influencing skills.
- Excellent understanding of technology, particularly digital.
- Ability to create visually appealing designs, presentations and prototypes.
- Ability to manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Ability to work with and present to people across all levels of an organisation.
- Ability to build a team and drive them to completion of tasks in tight timeframes.
- Practical experience of working on agile delivery projects.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Close Brothers jobs board.
You might also be interested in
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 15 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined Sift Media in 2007.