CX job vacancy of the week: HSBC
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Customer Experience Director- Global Commercial Banking, HSBC (Flexible on location but will include London twice a week)
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small enterprises, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories. HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
The role of Customer Experience Director is a critical position responsible for leading and driving the implementation of the Customer Experience vision across CMB, whilst also growing our people and ways of working. This role provides an opportunity to lead cross-functional teams globally and to set the direction of our business and senior leaders. In short, you can have a direct impact on shaping and delivering key experiences for millions of customers and thousands of colleagues around the world. This role will be reporting into the Global Head of Customer Experience & Design.
- Supporting the definition and driving the customer experience strategy for CMB, creating the target-state customer vision for a new banking proposition and seeking to manage development and alignment of all customer touch-points activities;
- Streamlining and optimising customer sales experience across all customer interaction touch points;
- Driving customer-facing interfaces to adopt/ develop revenue-focused modules, processes and design;
- Lead in forums and committees to represent the view of the CX function, informing and influencing the decision making of senior leaders to enable achievement of the defined strategy outcomes; and
- Advocate for customer and colleague needs and expectations across regional, business and global strategic initiative teams and projects; Influencing the future direction of key business initiatives using direct insights from customers and colleagues, and forming recommendations as a result;
- Crafting end-to-end solutions with global, multi-disciplinary, cross-functional teams to deliver an iconic banking ecosystem,
- Ensuring that the journeys, services and propositions we design and deliver to our end users are Desirable (for customers and colleagues) Viable (for CMB) and Feasible (for our delivery teams).
- Proven success in a leadership customer experience role, particularly leading strategic customer experience projects in a complex organisation and changing ways of working to adopt more customer centric decision making;
- Proven success in a range of any of the following customer experience disciplines; customer research, customer journey ownership, customer proposition development, CX metrics, digital design, service design, product ownership, customer strategy;
- Experience as a manager/ leader is essential including creating awareness and advocacy for the customer and work you do;
- Incredibly strong ability to structure, manage, guide and motivate other team mates, through complex engagements, employing appropriate management styles;
- Exceptional relationship management and influencing skills, outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels;
- An outstanding ability to think critically, with a real passion for solving complex problems, ensuring solutions are grounded in customer needs and are commercial viable.
For further information and to submit an application visit the HSBC jobs board.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.