CX job vacancy of the week: Moorepay
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Client Experience at Moorepay (based in England, UK)
Founded in 1966, Moorepay is a leading supplier of payroll and HR solutions to businesses large and small. Supporting a growing customer base of 10,000 clients, Moorepay produces millions of payslips every year and handles around 250,000 queries from clients requiring professional advice from experienced and qualified staff.
Moorepay is recruiting a Head of Client Experience to be a key member of the Payroll Operations Leadership Team whose role is to proactively increase customer satisfaction and loyalty, through ensuring interactions meet customer needs and managing the customer life cycle. The ultimate goal is to create an ongoing client management strategy for anticipating and meeting customer needs within Operations for UK. This role will drive and build the methodology that defines and deploys optimized large and complex programmes to ultimately improve Moorepay's client management experience.
The Head of Client Experience will be accountable for all KPIs across Moorepay's customer journey, lead on customer experience strategy and take responsibility for planning, developing and managing its client management and communication approach. The vision is to elevate and lead the Payroll Operations performance through productivity and quality improvements through both service and support to enable rapid growth whilst improving gross margin by elevating the best possible customer experience. A champion of customer experience with an ability to bring a ‘new way of thinking’, innovation, and drive agility and efficiency through client focus, improvement and strategy.
The Head of Client Experience will be a keen networker with the ability to build strong commercial relationships both externally and internally that ensures delivery of improved customer service metrics that meet customer excellence standards.
This role will be data led to identify and address key ‘pain points’ such as NPS, whilst creating and capturing a common vision for the future and the pathway that will lead us there.
The scope of Head of Client Experience is broad, cross functional and throughout all levels of the organization and required to define priority opportunities with high level of organizational impact within manageable levels of investment that generates an optimal return on investment. This is a full 360 role through strategy, execution and optimisation that brings expertise in customer experience and driving client-led strategies.
The Head of Client Experience will link the rate of productivity and quality improvements to revenue and cost benefits, working with Finance to create a strong business case with clear progress measures that ultimately benefits customers and internal teams. This must align to Moorepay as a growing business and therefore investment to generate growth must be balanced with its ability to generate strong returns.
- Providing business transformation experience and expertise including enabling change & mobilisation that supports improving customer experience.
- Responsible for 4k clients, 29k + queries each month with £20m revenue ownership.
- Manage and overseeing the delivery of projects necessary to execute the defined strategy and success criteria. This includes requirements gathering, business case development, project management, implementation, and governance of in-house developed solutions.
- Provide continuous improvement of customer, operational and financial metrics to ensure progress capture and data-led decisions are made.
- Lead implementation of complex programs bringing focus to structured, agile program management.
- Align programs to strategic focus areas while ensuring continual improvement to increase efficiency, consistency and delivery.
- Creating, leading and implementing a customer experience improvement plan.
- Conduct strategic research on key external stakeholders, industry and digital developments, providing SLT summaries on insight trends and best practice.
- Remove major obstacles and resolve escalations of key issues and drive for effective decision making.
- Analytically driven to create clear measurement frameworks to show the impact of team contributions.
- A data-led role that sources and uses data/measurements to target transformational activities that will have the biggest impact on productivity and quality, balancing long-term client engagement with Moorepay's commercial agenda.
- Working with an agile mindset, data-driven metrics will be leveraged to identify areas of continuous improvement.
- Building business cases and a transformation business plan to summarise all transformation initiatives and their impact on the P&L.
- Translates the strategic direction and business objectives established by clients into holistic change.
- Championing a client-focused culture and acting on and offering feedback to make continuous improvements to the customer experience.
- Working on Moorepay's NPS approach alongside Marketing and Product to gain valuable customer insight with problems successfully identified and trends measured. This role will clearly improve its ability to map customer journeys and bring together a view and recommendation of improvement priorities.
- Defining and measuring long-term success through client engagement and retention.
- Recommend and launch appropriate new or revised change management tools and practices through modern agile transformation approaches that improve customer journeys.
- Build and maintain effective partnerships with key cross functional leaders.
- Provide support and direction for specific challenges that have major impact on the business.
- Act as they point of escalation across teams including prioritizing, resourcing, managing expectations to ensure roadmaps are delivered against and driven to execution.
- Collaborate and influence key stakeholders across the whole organisation, especially payroll operations and technology and product to ensure goals are met and results-driven programs developed.
- Establish and maintain standards and frameworks to drive cross functional alignment and clarity on ways of working.
- 5+ years of progressive leadership experience within an operation organization with in depth experience of how to deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Exceptional and demonstrable communication skills with ability to articulate a complex strategy and to translate it into impactful presentations. Skills required include listening, facilitation, conflict resolution, negotiation, and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within organisations.
- Client focused with ability to listen, learn and articulate requirements.
- Efficient multitasking with strong organizational skills with the ability to think both strategically and tactically at the right time.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity and stepping outside of their comfort zone and show initiative.
- Building and running innovative, efficient, and effective operating mechanisms that support UK operation.
- Excellent analytical, project management and planning skills with the ability to learn quickly.
- Change agent who can drive projects across the business by understanding its uniqueness in partnership with Moorepay’s objectives to build scalable and robust solutions.
- Sound strategic thinking as evidenced by examples of vision setting, roadmap creation and leading an organization through change to drive improvements for the customer.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Moorepay jobs board.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.