CX job vacancy of the week: NHS England
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience & Change at NHS England (based in London, UK)
NHS England and NHS Improvement came together on 1 April 2019 as a new single organisation. The NHS Long Term Plan focuses on delivering integrated care to patients at the local level and it can best support the NHS to deliver this as a single integrated organisation.
The new operating model represents a strong shift to regional delivery supported by expert corporate teams. Local health systems are supported by its integrated regional teams who play a major leadership role in the geographies they manage.
The OD and Talent Team are about to embark on a programme of work that will significantly improve the NHS' customer service and product offering. It is looking for a Head of Customer Experience and Change to lead and play a pivotal role in that.
As a key member of the team, you’ll report to the Head of Deployment Strategy and Programme Delivery and be responsible for leading a team to deliver outstanding outcomes for customers.
- Fostering a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion and ensuring this is embedded in your team and processes, so that the wider organisation can realise the benefits.
- Significantly and positively transforming the customer experience of all products and service.
- Promoting and supporting the positive engagement with, and representation of, a diverse workforce at all levels of the organisation.
- Leading the development, utilising data, insight and research, and delivery of an effective People Strategy & Plan, which has health, wellbeing, inclusion and culture as its foundation.
- Developing excellent relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to improve everything in your area of responsibility.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement to support the development of a best-in-class offering, including looking to other organisations for best practice.
- Devise and deliver on a wide-range of projects and programmes and will realise significant benefit to the wider organisation.
- Identifying opportunities for development within your team, and building on existing Learning and Development offers.
- Ensuring you’re developing and actioning a strategy that delivers on the NHS People Plan.
- Continue work to deliver on a flexible resource model, ensuring that the NHS has the correct skills in the right place at the right time.
- A clear commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion, and customer service excellence.
- Significant leadership experience in complex environments, ideally in the NHS or other healthcare environments.
- An ability to prioritise and deliver on competing priorities.
- Outstanding communication skills across multiple channels and able to communicate ideas effectively and inclusively.
- Able to take complex information and present in a simple, effective way.
- Excellent relationship building and management skills, including in politicised environments.
For further information and to submit an application visit the NHS jobs board.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.
Please login or register to join the discussion.
There are currently no replies, be the first to post a reply.