CX job vacancy of the week: Origin Housing
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience, Origin Housing (based in Euston, London, UK)
Origin helps people by providing affordable homes, supporting vulnerable residents to lead happy and better lives.
Origin is looking for a motivated individual to support the Director of Operations in delivering a high quality customer service to the organisation. You will use insight and data to prioritise needs, identify how the company can improve customer experience, lead on defining end-to-end customer journeys whilst mapping the programmes and services Origin offers. This is a great opportunity to closely work with senior leaders across the organisation, to develop and implement an integrated customer strategy.
This newly created role calls for a strong leader who will contribute to the overall Leadership of Origin as part of the senior managers group by being a role model for Origin values, developing corporate strategies, determining annual plans/priorities and supporting achievement of corporate performance objectives. You will be able to work with complex and detailed information whilst retaining focus on the bigger picture.
- To lead the development and embedding of the Customer Relationship Management system within the business, acting as the primary liaison between the business and the IT team to create an improved service experience for Origin's customers and efficient ways of working.
- You will lead the development of the CRM product vision and ensure key stakeholders understand, support and buy into the vision.
- You will ensure proper liaison with tenant representation to ensure property integration of tenants’ views into processes and to ensure the service is customer focused.
- You will advise/recommend action to Executive Team to enhance service and our customer offer.
- You will have full ownership of key performance indicators relevant to particular stages of customer engagement, providing timely and accurate KPI updates to numerous stakeholders including forward looking plans.
- You will effectively allocate departmental budgets and align them to strategy development and annual planning of resources.
- You will ensure continuous improvement is sought and any changes are driven using customer feedback.
- You will be the lead Officer for Origin in managing complaints and liaison with the Housing Ombudsman.
- Leadership and collaboration is highly important; you’ll need to demonstrate your experience of managing mixed teams across multiple locations to ensure performance at the highest levels. You will be able to inspire, influence and enthuse staff and contractors.
- Origin reaches out to third parties to help us; you’ll need experience of setting up and maintaining successful partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders along with possessing strong negotiating and influencing skills.
- Origin operates at a high level; you’ll need to demonstrate a track record in designing customer journeys to improve impact and effectiveness.
- You will have experience and thrive in managing a varied and challenging workload.
- Origin moves things forward and get things done; you’ll need experience of reviewing existing systems and processes to identify issues and develop innovative recommendations and solutions to improve customer experience.
- You will have strong project and change management experience and have an excellent understanding of the drivers for customer satisfaction.
- You’ll need to be a confident communicator across all channels but, specifically, you’ll need experience of producing written reports and presentations to share your ideas persuasively to a variety of audiences.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Origin Housing jobs board.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 15 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined Sift Media in 2007.