CX job vacancy of the week: Air Canada
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Customer Experience Manager – Air Canada – London, Middlesex, UK
Recently ranked the best Airline in North America, Air Canada are looking to land a new Customer Experience Manager to join their diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
- Supervision of station handling agents concerning above and below the wing activities on a daily basis such as passenger services (clheck-in, ticket desk, concierge service, VIP service, lounge service, gate handling, safety and security checks), baggage services, load control, commissary & catering, aircraft cleaning, fuel services, maintenance services.
- Responsible for daily safety of operations at the station.
- Ensure safety, security and service standards are observed, monitored and practiced consistently by conducting on-going self-audits. Where self-audit or regulatory audit activities have revealed vulnerabilities, ensure identification of root cause and implementation of corrective measures to address them, as well as means to verify effectiveness.
- Report daily (using daily synopsis and other means) on any issues, deficiencies or failures in operating procedures, that require correction or communication to other members of the management team or other departments within the company.
- Supporting the safety culture by promoting safety in all operations and by reporting any incidents/accidents promptly and efficiently using the corporate safety management system reports housed in the aviation quality database.
- Implementation and audit of Air Canada SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and regular follow up meetings with local station handling agents.
- Ensure a high quality and safe level of customer service, especially in the case of irregular operations (delays, cancellations, denied boarding cases, etc.) adhering to any applicable country law(s), Canadian law, and internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate ad-hoc daily activities with local station handling agent when needed (especially during IRROPS).
- Maintain accurate emergency response manuals and participate in emergency procedure training.
- Monitor and optimize results (OTP, PAWOB, over catering, etc.) and implement corrective actions involving all relevant stakeholders where required.
- Ensure regular communication with local station handling agents in order to maintain high level of quality.
- Effectively liaise/cooperate with other departments and suppliers on an ongoing basis, such as maintenance, AC cargo and fuel companies to meet service and operational requirements.
- Consistently communicate the company direction and corporate core values.
- Manage the expenditure and costs on the assigned shift.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least 2 years of experience in a managerial role and experience in the airline industry.
- Strong understanding of airport operations and passenger movements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to converse with all levels of an organisation as well as high-ranked external figures, with care and class.
- Able to respond, influence and proactively create mutually acceptable solutions, always with Air Canada's best interests in mind.
- Must have ability to work shift, weekend and statutory holidays, and work beyond rostered hours due to irregular flight operations.
- Strong commitment to teamwork & commitment to employee engagement.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possess an energetic and tenacious attitude.
- Fluent in English, oral and written; other languages an asset.
- Demonstrate passion for travel.
- Advance knowledge of Word and Excel.
- Advance knowledge of Departure Control System (DCS); knowledge of ALTEA system, an asset.
- Must have ability to work in the United Kingdom unrestricted.
For further information and to submit an application, visit the Air Canada job board.