CX job vacancy of the week: Dyson
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Care – Malmesbury, Wiltshire, UK
Dyson are on the hunt for a new Head of Customer Care who is a strong and proactive leader with experience of driving the best care for internal customers in Workplace Technology Services. The role-holder will be responsible for the overall WTS customer engagement and satisfaction levels, with a core focus on driving improvement in delivery quality and effectiveness, addressing customers feedback and needs.
- Be the architect of a vision for delivering excellence in customer experience and how that can be delivered to WTS customers. Have a customer-first service driven mindset. Create a culture of exemplary service for Dyson's customers. This includes the quality, timeliness and frequency of communication, and should be measured through the lens of the customer, to ensure that perception aligns with reality.
- Understanding the experience and needs of customers, ensuring service delivery is aligned with business needs, prioritising desired and agreed stakeholders’ requirements.
- Understand key challenges and goals of each of the main business areas and the role WTS plays in supporting users, executives, and the Dyson family to meet these goals.
- Be the senior concierge service targeting director and above level, as a single point of contact to raise projects, significant concerns about WTS service, urgent prioritisation requests and then ensuring these projects, requests and incidents are proactively and successfully executed by the teams responsible. This role should be regarded by directors and above level as being someone who is a chief “fixer and enabler”. This means ensuring the efficient and proactive coordination of issues, removal of barriers, escalating appropriately, holding others to account, and where necessary, acting as liaison between other parts of WTS, DBS and wider IT functions.
- For director and above level, proactively understand and assess workplace technology service support needed for key events, communications and other critical initiatives.
- Act as the voice of the customer back in to WTS and DBS, being a disruptor and instigator of change, examining and challenging current ways of working, understanding and aligning the WTS service with business needs and driving adoption of WTS change in the business. This requires collaboration with Digital Workplace Solutions to suggest and deliver innovations that will improve experience of end users. This requires working closely with the user communities and teams from the business to develop and deliver short, medium,and long-term plans for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of WTS and following up through to completion. Proactively solicit user engagement on changes and improvements and check effectiveness.
- Supporting senior stakeholders and their teams through periods of technology change. This involves working with Dyson IT Project teams (both within DBS and IT overall), who are introducing new workplace technology services and capabilities, to ensure that business requirements and change impacts have been fully considered throughout the project. This includes user aspects such as useability, reliability, performance and ensuring that business change, communication, user adoption and effective early life support is not forgotten in the process and that this work is done from project onset, not just when the capability is introduced.
- Be data-insight driven in assessing and improving the service. Collect and analyse customer satisfaction surveys. Use and leverage other available quantitative and qualitative data sources to help identify initiatives and make recommendations for improvement. Encourage this data-insight approach within the WTS teams.
- Identify and review key risks impacting end users and proactively ensure they are being managed and resolved effectively by relevant IT teams and ensure that your customer care ambassadors are managing this effectively within their regions. Hold the service teams to account for successful risk and issue mitigation, where necessary organising proactive additional business and user support required from the service operations teams.
- Be a senior service escalation point and if necessary be an intervention manager where key issues or project changes are not being addressed successfully to advise, escalate and where necessary assume control of the issue (if WTS related).
- Run a regular cadence of service review meetings with function heads and regional leadership, involving other parts of WTS.
- Be continually aware of service performance including real-time service status - key risks, issues, service challenges, changes and KPI performance. Be ready to act on issues and take remedial action. Be a point of contact for key stakeholders, business leads etc to discuss current WTS status.
- Identify need for and create new integrated business engagement channels and ensure effective and efficient delivery of service.
- Own customer care protocol - aligned to Dyson values to be applied to every customer interaction.
- Develop and implement training and quality assurance programs for WTS employees to drive the expected level of engagement and customer care.
- Manage a small team to effectively deliver WTS customer care, including people career management, providing equitable opportunities, driving succession planning and talent management processes to ensure continuous development of people capability & delivery of results.
- A person with genuine passion for exceptional customer service. Demonstrated strength in managing or working with customer support organisations and operations.
- Possess very strong interpersonal communication skills being able to interact with senior business stakeholders (director and above).
- Deep understanding of workplace service technologies, IT service management and IT operations.
- Be a service owner and evangelist – always on top of service status and challenges, proactively leading the service. Always challenging yourself and WTS team members on improving the service to end customers.
- Confident leadership and a positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient with using data to drive decision making and change behaviours.
- Change management experience.
- Experience of driving cultural change, realignment of expectations between providers and receivers of a service.
- Excellent senior stakeholder management skills, including ability to negotiate, influence decision making, inform about risks, challenges and deliver good news stories.
- Experience of managing a global network of stakeholders in varying geographies. Ability to influence to gain alignment, agreement and commitments.
- Over 10 years relevant experience improving Customer Experience.
- Solves highly complex, politically sensitive problems across teams.
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
For further information and to submit an application, visit the Dyson job board.