CX job vacancy of the week: Government of Jersey
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience – Government of Jersey, Jersey, UK
The Government of Jersey is on the hunt for a new Head of CX who will be based within customer and local services, with a real focus on making things easier for customers. The role-holder will be expected to deliver a world class government experience that thinks ahead for its customers, pre-empts their needs, improves their lives, and reduces long-term demand for services.
- Responsible for design and delivery of cross GOJ customer strategy.
- Accountable for developing innovative ideas and solutions for inclusion in departmental business plans to improve efficiency across the department (cost and time) which result in positive customer outcomes enhancing the reputation of the department.
- Accountable for defining the customer and behavioural insight approach, setting direction and prioritisation across the continuous improvement agenda to meet the current and future needs of customers.
- Accountability for ensuring customer feedback across the whole organisation is considered, reviewed and acted upon, making recommendations to feed in to the development of services with the aim of improving accessibility and take up.
- Driving and embedding a customer culture, working with other departments to understand and support customer engagement strategies, and develop ways to achieve a joined up and consistent customer experience – minimising, where possible, the number of customer handoffs to achieve the GOJ customer vision.
- Accountable for the development of business cases that identify service improvements and new initiatives promoting services to the public and enhancing the customer journey/experience.
- Develop positive links with external agencies including third sector organisations, voluntary groups and partner agencies as well as UK public and commercial organisations to understand their customer engagement and innovation strategies to help create departmental services and experiences which will meet future customer needs.
- Provide effective direction, leadership and development for all employees of the team to ensure that its services are delivered effectively and that agreed standards and targets are met.
- Monitors budget to ensure sound financial control and spend is consistent with allocated budget including accountability for project expenditure across the department.
- Prepare ministerial briefings on departmental initiatives e.g. introduction of pilot schemes, awareness campaigns, changes/improvements to existing customer processes for state and media purposes, including news release development and signoff, and representing the government for media interviews which promote the services of the department improving take up and enhancing the customer experience.
- Chartered Institute of Management Level 5 or equivalent level of experience (Customer Experience, Customer strategy, continuous improvement, business change).
- Proven experience in a senior role with responsibility for delivering major change programmes/projects into operational environment through process, people, communications and culture.
- Knowledge and understanding of change management methodologies e.g. agile, lean.
- Able to create business cases supporting the need for change.
- Customer experience knowledge with developed skills in customer experience strategy and management activity.
- Able to manage budgets, interpret financial reports and present information.
- Ability to summarise, understand and turn data into actionable plans.
- A creative problem solver with a strong customer service ethos and focus.
- Able to manage relationships with senior stakeholders building trust and rapport.
- Able to question and understand the real underlying needs of all customers, establishing systems to collect customer feedback.
- Able to review current performance and identify ways of making improvements that enhance overall service to customers.
- Able to support recommendations and ideas using evidence.
- Ability to simplify complex concepts and messages to bring clarity to stakeholders.
- Ability to use accurate and relevant financial data to inform options appraisals and/or budgets.
- Demonstrable experience of leading/managing teams with responsibility for process improvement and performance management.
- Experience of developing business improvements strategies and implementation.
- Experience of delivering value for money services including cost savings utilising a commercial approach.
- Knowledge of the legislation, policies and procedures and services of the Government of Jersey (desired).
- Knowledge of behavioural insights and behaviour change application (desired).
- Understanding of the Government of Jersey legislation, policies and procedures in the specialist area in which the job operates (desired).
- Media management and presentaion (desired).
For further information and to submit an application, visit the Government of Jersey job board.