CX job vacancy of the week: Mountain Warehouse
Looking for your next step in the world of customer experience? Every week, MyCustomer scours the internet to find the latest CX job vacancies, highlighting the best opportunities currently being advertised.
This week: Head of Customer Experience, Mountain Warehouse (London, United Kingdom)
Having doubled its ecommerce sales in the last 2 years and with a growing retail presence both in the UK and internationally, Mountain Warehouse are looking for an experienced Head of Customer Experience to join the team to be their customer champion in their ever complex and exciting global operation. This role is leading a medium sized customer service function and the CX strategy for the business. Working collaboratively with the business, especially the ecommerce leadership, to design the best customer journey for all their customers, as well as listening to and deepening its customer’s understanding to drive repeat purchase and providing analytical evidence of the strengths and weaknesses that can kick it on or drag it down. Practical experience of turning CX data into tangible action is required, as well as a track record of delivering best in class customer experiences both physical and digital. The ideal candidate will be highly entrepreneurial, with a focus on identifying opportunities, and the ability to operate under a continuous improvement model.
There are 2 key areas of accountability for this role:
Customer Services: Providing leadership and direction to a medium sized customer service team (+75 advisors), from a day-to-day, medium, and long-term perspective.
- Overall Ownership of Customer Service function – accountable for a +75-agent team, ensuring both that customer service metrics and budgets are met and exceeded, as well as clearly reported.
- Maintain a clear, data driven POV on staffing requirements, and propose staffing adjustments as needed in line with their business growth plans.
- Lead the strategic direction and delivery of a customer service vision and strategy, working alongside the contact centre manager to ensure delivery of key customer initiatives.
- Recruit, lead, and develop a best-in-class CX/CS team. Develop a learning and development culture, where internal progression is a key USP.
- Deliver consistency in the quality of the customer experience through regular training, competency assessments, standards, processes, and KPIs.
- Utilise the most relevant and up-to-date technology and communications methods to align with the customer’s changing needs. Propose new technology and automations to improve both the customer and agent experience, and deliver efficiencies within the contact centre.
- Own CSAT measurement within CS, highlighting where their processes cause the customer to become dissatisfied and own a roadmap to improve.
- Accountable for promoting a culture of continuous improvement, identifying customer trends and opportunities, and acting on them, coordinating resolution with different teams across the business. Encourage problem solving, strategic thinking, and customer orientation amongst the team.
- Continual review of their customer KPIs and targets to ensure they match their customer expectations, adjusting them where necessary.
Customer Experience - Understanding and championing outstanding customer experience across their different channels and countries to market.
- Ownership of the post purchase Customer Journey, continually evaluating customer data and insight to identify ways to improve the customers’ experience when shopping with Mountain Warehouse.
- Communicate customer data insights with the relevant teams, proactively ensuring that the voice of the customer is heard across the business to drive key business decisions and improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring our online and offline store experiences are cohesive and cross-utilised across different touch points, where possible. Work in conjunction with the ecommerce and retail leadership drive to deliver a truly customer-centric strategy.
- Establishing CX processes within the business, identifying challenges and core issues, and working on long term solutions to ultimately improve customer journeys and remove any customer friction.
- Multi channel customer initiatives: to establish what is required to support driving retail sales, work with key stakeholders, and deliver in a timely and effective manner.
- Customer communications: responsible for all reactive service communications across the different communication channels, as well as the communications channels themselves (chat, help pages etc).
- Internal relationships: work cross-functionally with Product, Supply Chain, Operations, Ecommerce, and Retail teams to identify high-impact projects to improve the customer journey from end-to-end. Responsible for clear communication with internal stakeholders, ensuring all are kept up-to-date, informed, or given approval where necessary.
- External partners: build strong relationships with external partners to maximise these relationships.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of leading CX strategy.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Head of CX/Customer or Operations, or similar level in another business.
- At least 3 years’ experience in ecommerce Customer Service, either directly or working with a 3rd party provider.
- Experience in B2C selling - online or physical.
- Proven understanding of the capabilities of Customer Management Systems and experience implementing new systems (in whatever capacity).
- Desired: Experience of Zendesk and/or 8x8.
- Strong communication, organisational, and project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to use a combination of data and intuition to identify priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines without dropping standards.
For further information and to submit an application visit the Mountain Warehouse Jobs Board.