Google+ and your business: A major plus for the enterprise?
With "insane demand" for Google+, we ask whether it is worth such excitement, if it can knock Facebook off its perch - and what businesses should know about the latest social network on the block?
- Circles – this allows you to build relationships much like Facebook, but with the key difference that unlike Facebook, which lumps your closest friends in with more distant relationships, Circles allows you to put your friends into groups. For instance, you could have a group for friends, family and work colleagues, allowing you to communicate with each group in a different way.
- Huddle – this is a group chat featre, useful for trying to organise a meet-up with multiple people on the move.
- Sparks – finds connections and discussions relevant to your own interests.
- Hangouts – a feature working with Google Chat, this offers real-time conversations and video chats with friends.
- Instant Upload – enabling videos and photos to be shared in an instant.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.