Customer experience expert Shaun Smith explains the five steps that are crucial for you to get in place if you are going to turn your customers into fans.
1. Customer insight
- Who are your profitable customers – you may serve many types of customers and can't afford to just focus on a few profitable ones, but when you are designing how you are going to serve your customers, what channels you are going to use, and where you are going to invest your money, you absolutely need to know which are your most profitable ones because they are the ones you have to love to death, they are your potential fans.
- What do they value – to make them fans you need to have level of insight around what your most profitable customers value so that you can make a proposition to meet their needs.
- How are their needs changing – make sure you are ahead of the curve by knowing how their needs are changing.
2. Brand promise
3. Design the customer experience
4. Drive organisational behaviour
5. External communications
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.