Marketing talk-listen ratio: The formula for getting more from social media?by
If your company is going to make the most of your social media deployments, you need to take a dispassionate look at how willing and able you are to listen to your customers. And Jack Springman says that the marketing talk-listen ratio is the solution.
- Expenditure on advertising, direct marketing and promotional activities
- Staff costs of all marketing personnel working on outbound communications (including through social media)
- Expenditure on market research
- Staff costs of marketing personnel involved in customer insight collection
- Staff costs of teams involved in all customer-facing analytics activities – analysing web-site traffic, social media, interaction and transaction histories
- How valuable is a customer or group of customers to us?
- How can we improve the service we provide to customers?
- How well are we doing with customers?