Three ways to operationalise social media feedbackby
Dan Wilson explains what 'operationalising' social media feedback means, why it's important - and how to do it.
- Innovation: When employees listen for customer insights, they can better invent new solutions for business problems.
- Brand health: When customers have great experiences associated with your brand, they tell their friends.
- Marketing optimisation: Strong word of mouth can substantially reduce marketing costs and make your messaging less of an uphill battle.
- Revenue generation: Great customer experience usually means long-term brand loyalty and repeat business.
- Operational efficiency: Allow employees to engage with customers at the local/business unit level rather than spend more on corporate customer service initiatives.
1. Funnel feedback to the appropriate place in the organisation
2. Build in ability to respond directly and authentically
3. View social feedback in context with survey data in a single reporting application
Dan Wilson is senior project manager for Palo Alto–based Medallia, Inc., a leader in designing customer experience management solutions that engage users with customer feedback. He has over 11 years of product management and engineering experience. Dan’s most recent endeavor has been developing Medallia’s Social Media CEM solution.
After two decades of experience working as a journalist and editor covering business and technology, including over 15 years as editor of MyCustomer, Neil now works as senior content manager at skills-based workforce management platform provider Spotted Zebra. ...