Voice of the customer is not customer experience management!
A voice of the customer programme is but one important component in a customer experience management strategy. Here, Lior Arussy lists the range of initiatives beyond VoC that must be addressed.
- Create a clear vision for the desired customer experience backed up by market positioning
- Map the customer journey to identify key moments of truth
- Conduct an in-depth assessment of the moments of truth to understand primary obstacles to high quality performance
- Innovate and redesign the key customer touch points
- Break down organisational silos to ensure collaboration and consistency of the experience across different functions
- Provide the skills and expertise to all employees so that they can apply customer experience principles to their daily work
- Develop awareness and build acceptance regarding the importance of the customer experience to the organisation’s success
- Ensure senior executive sponsorship of the customer strategy and related initiatives
- Address HR-related issues such as performance evaluation and hiring criteria to ensure customer experience strategy success
- Unify and redesign measurements around the customer
- Demonstrate measureable progress by illustrating the impact on corporate financial targets
- Retain and expand customer experience activates
Lior Arussy is the founder and president of Strativity Group, a global customer experience research and consulting firm specialising in design, innovation and deployment of differentiating, profitable customer experiences. His books include Excellence Every Day: Make the Daily Choice and Passionate & Profitable: Why Customer Strategies Fail and 10 Steps To Do Them Right!
His latest book - Customer Experience Strategy: The Complete Guide From Innovation To Execution - will be released shortly.