What are chatbots?
Definition of chatbots:
Chatbots are computer programmes that simulate human conversation and can be used in the customer service, marketing and sales process.
Powered by rules built into their programming, chatbots have been used in a variety of ways, from helping shoppers decide what to buy on retailer websites, to giving life advice, suggesting recipes and even helping women through maternity.
The latest generation of chatbots lean on artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide brands with a conversational tool that, when done well, requires minimal human involvement.
- Chatbots: What future for the ‘virtual idiot’?
- Are we on the cusp of the post-human service era?
- Have bots & video reached a service tipping point?
- FB Messenger and CX: a match made in heaven?
- AI-powered chat in retail customer service
- Chatbots will rise alongside online businesses
- All chatbot content