The five customer insight basics to drive engagementby
What are the five principles that firms must consider to successfully land insight to profitably engage with their customers? Will Beresford explains.
Many businesses have bought into the idea that they have access to a great source of intelligence about their customers that they can use to support their business planning and decision-making. Understanding who your customers are, what their needs are and how your business can meet these is the obvious way to increase your chances of success.
- What is the base level of requirements a business should have in customer insight?
- What are the five principles that an organisation needs to consider to successfully land insight in their organisation so that they can profitably engage with their customers?
What are the base level requirements for customer insight?
- Who are the most attractive customer segments for us?
- What are these customers' needs? Are we meeting them? If not, can we serve them?
- What are the purchase and decision patterns of customers and so what are the key levers and triggers to capture them?
1. A customer plan
2. Organisational alignment
3. Measurement and reporting
4. Insight and insight deployment
5. Data and tools
Will Beresford is strategy director at Beyond Analysis. Will has extensive C-level experience in strategy and media; he works with clients to bridge the gap between their business challenges and what the data is telling them. Will divides his time between advising the Boards of some of the biggest blue chip companies and developing innovative approaches for the application of data. He previously held senior roles at McKinsey, Cap Gemini, eBay UK, dunnhumby and Leo Burnett/Publicis (Australia). Will is a regular blogger for MyCustomer.com on his blog Unlocking the Value of Human Behaviour.
William is co-founder and leads the strategy for the UK’s leading customer insight group, Beyond Analysis. In his role, William has overall responsibility for advising clients and developing the data vision and solutions that enable clients to transform their business with data. Along with Paul Alexander, CEO, William established Beyond...