Tim Norman explains how to create an immersive, interactive brand experience for customers using tablet PC devices.
- Take full advantage of tablet capabilities by creating a rich experience that extends beyond website capabilities.
- Find out what time of day your users mostly access your tablet apps/site and accommodate these usage patterns. Tablets seem to be used primarily in the evening. This may well guide a tablet strategy that incorporates more rich media since users are more at leisure and will spend a longer time on your site or app with fewer time constraints.
- Create a marketing experience that builds an audience for your tablet investments by promoting your tablet interaction on your website, social media, mailings and any communication channel.
- Accommodate concurrent use, knowing users may well quickly go from other devices to tablet
- If applicable, provide geo-location sensitive interaction to tailor the experience for where they are and take advantage of local activities and promotions.
- Know your target audience. Do they use tablets? Like any tactic, it is only as effective as its reach. Understand the trends and evolution by keeping abreast with audience developments.
- How can you best apply your message to this medium to create an immersive experience?
- When visitors interact with your brand on a tablet, what do they do and what do they want to do? Is the best vehicle to interact with them an application, website or advertisement?
- Is the right channel for your company based on how tablet visitors currently use the medium? Are there innovative ways in which you can use tablets to reach your markets?
- How can you synchronise your channels to create a continuous experience from channel-to-channel?
Tim Norman, director at SDL Web Content Management Solutions.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.