I am currently completing a Public Sector MBA programme and my disseration is focusing on the strategic use of CRM within the public sector. The working title of the dissertation is "Using customer relationship management as a strategic resource for modern local government".
The issues and themes which the dissertation is addressing are:
- An examination of the usefulness of developing and introducting CRM as a strategic resource
- An assessement of its effectiveness as a tool for gathering market intelligence to help shape future provision of services
- An examination of the strengths and weaknesses of CRM in theory and practice particularly for local government
- Consideration of the impact of the introduction & development of strategic CRM in the context of the "Modernisation Agenda" developing in local government
-To develop a model for the strategic use of CRM in local government.
The core research questions are:
- What does the literature tell us about the development & introduction of CRM as a strategic resource for modern public services
- What lessons can be drawn from the material to develop a model for the strategic use of CRM in local government.
I look forward to your comments and views on the above.