Bryony Thomas advises how to avoid the phenomenon of tactic burn when businesses go from one marketing tactic to another without ever achieving any real financial gains or results.
- It’s best to integrate it into your every day life – a little marketing every day keeps your business front of mind.
- You need a variety of exercise techniques to keep you fit and toned inside and out – you need a mix of marketing techniques to support each stage of a buying decision.
- You can exercise for free, hire a personal trainer, or go to a gym – you can do your own marketing with free tools, outsource, and/or invest in high quality tools.
- You can up your effort from time to time like if you’re running a marathon – a focussed period of marketing effort can raise your game to meet specific targets.
- New diets, pills, fads, come along some of which are great, some of which won’t work but the fundamentals of what keeps you fit stays the same – marketing innovations come along almost daily, but human nature and how you appeal to it (as it’s people who buy things) remains the same.
- If you stop exercises, you lose fitness – if you stop marketing you’ll lose awareness, goodwill and customers.
- And, like exercise, effective marketing can be a chore at first, but after a while of sustained momentum… you’ll actually enjoy it, in fact you may become addicted.
Bryony Thomas is a powerful professional speaker on marketing, the multi-award winning author of Watertight Marketing and the founder of the UK’s only directory of quality-assured independent marketing consultants.
Whether in a conference keynote, a boardroom strategy session, or her public programme, Bryony cuts through the hype to show...