Leading companies from across North America were recognized for their technology innovation during the ‘Best of RetailVision Awards’ last week, in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. For the past 10 years, the awards have been acknowledged as one of the computer retailing industry’s leading honors.
More than 260 computer software and hardware executives voted on the winning products and companies after evaluating the latest technologies during RetailVision Fall 2000.
“Through voting on these vendor awards, retailers are recognizing those companies that stand out from their peers,” said Dennis Masella, vice president of marketing for RetailVision.
The winners were as follows:
• Best Product Productivity / Internet Software: Network ICE
• Best Product Hardware: Visioneer
• Best Product Peripheral: Archos Technology
• Best Product Accessory: Seiko Instruments
• Best Product Edutainment / Entertainment Software: School Zone Interactive
• Best Merchandising: Belkin Components
• Best RetailVision Presentation: Visioneer
• Best Retail Strategy: Microsoft
• Best New Technology: DigiScents
• Best Vendor: Targus
Vision Events, a Gartner company, is a producer of business events that bring together the leading computer channel vendors and resellers in private boardroom meetings to focus on increasing sales and building relationships.
Gartner, founded in 1979 and headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, has 4,000 associates, including 1,200 research analysts and consultants, in more than 80 locations worldwide.