Guardent ended its first full year of operations by introducing two new executives to its staff of 160 security and privacy experts.
Patrick F. Sullivan and join the company as vice president of privacy and information policy, and Vince Campitelli II, as vice president of strategic alliances.
Formerly a senior member of PricewaterhouseCoopers’ (PwC) global privacy practice, Patrick Sullivan’s focus at Guardent will be on financial services privacy and security regulations.
At PwC, Dr. Sullivan worked with financial services companies to comply with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. He also assisted the Individual Reference Services Group and major information industry companies in the development of the first privacy self-regulatory process in the US.
He was also part of the team that worked with the Hong Kong Privacy Commissioner’s Office to develop the inspection process for their Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Vince Campitelli will be responsible for forging strategic alliances. With more than 30 years experience in information security auditing for Fortune 1000 companies, Campitelli has extensive relationships in the global IT marketplace.
Recently he was responsible for improving the management and control of worldwide systems and technologies for Goldman Sachs and Salomon Smith Barney. At Goldman Sachs, Campitelli led the firm’s efforts to mitigate the risk of deploying complex and sophisticated information systems and supporting infrastructure. During his years at Salomon, Campitelli directed the re-engineering of the firm’s approach to auditing its complex IT systems and infrastructure.
In the last 12 months, Guardent has established itself as the leading provider of end-to-end security and privacy programs - a market estimated to reach more than $40 billion by 2004. A recent report from IDC says that Internet security spending alone will reach $19.7 billion.
The company’s major accomplishments during its first full year of operation include:
• Growing its client base by 1300%. Guardent provides security and privacy solutions to over 70 companies in the financial services, life sciences, technology and consumer/manufacturing industries.
• A 540% growth in employees, from 25 to 160, including a significant concentration of Certified Information Security Systems Professionals (CISSPs) averaging 11 years of experience.
• Establishing its headquarters in Boston’s technology corridor in Waltham, MA and opening locations in Seattle, Washington DC, St. Paul, Raleigh, and Toronto.
• Appointing world-renowned privacy expert Dr. Lawrence Ponemon as its president.
• Attracting well-known and widely respected enterprise security and privacy professionals such as Edward Schwartz, senior vice president of operations, and Gerard Brady, vice president of research and development.
• Launching its 24x7 Operations Center and Managed Security Services.
• Naming Dr. Eugene Spafford - listed among the Five Most Influential Leaders in Information Security by Information Security Magazine - as chairman of its advisory board.
• Establishing key industry partnerships with market leaders such as Cisco, Checkpoint and RSA Security.
• Securing more than $22 million in investment from blue chip venture capital firms Charles River Ventures, New Enterprise Associates and Sequoia Capital.
“Guardent believes that security and privacy are inextricably linked,” said CEO Maria Cirino. “Corporations need integrated programs that deliver a balance between protecting individual privacy rights and realizing the economic benefits from on-line business. Based on the rapid growth in our client base it is clear that the information security and privacy market is growing exponentially.”
Guardent believes the foundation for its growth has been its ability to attract the finest talent. This is evidenced again by recent senior additions to Guardent’s staff such as Patrick Sullivan and Vince Campitelli.
About Guardent, Inc.
Guardent provides security and privacy programs for Global 2000 organizations. Integrating consulting and managed services, Guardent helps financial services, life sciences, manufacturing and technology clients achieve their business objectives through the use of appropriate security and privacy measures. Headquartered in the heart of Boston’s technology corridor and with offices throughout North America, Guardent brings together an unmatched team of business, security and privacy experts from organizations such as Nationwide, Prudential, Bank of America, PricewaterhouseCoopers, IBM Global Services, Deloitte & Touche, Andersen Consulting, Internet Security Systems, Lucent and Sapient.