NIIT’s intellectual property – in the form of e-commerce products – were the cornerstone of the company’s growth during the last year, producing 37% of its revenues.
New orders for the fourth quarter rose to $39.1 million – an increase of 103% – as the company built up a client base in the US, Europe, Japan, India and Asia Pacific. British Airways, Macmillan, NETg, SEI Investment, Sun Microsystems and Toshiba all placed repeat orders during the year.
According to Arvind Thakur, president of software at NIIT, “Customer relationship at NIIT is built upon world-class software expertise and the capability to deliver solutions in the shortest time.”
During the last year NIIT has:
• executed assignments for Apollo Hospitals, Bajaj Auto, Caltex, Kellogs, Glaxo, Vijaya Bank, Nagase and Singapore Airlines.
• set up an electronic jewellery boutique for ARY Jewellers in the Middle East.
• established a real estate portal for Easier.co.uk.
• installed an oil trading system for Conoco in London and Singapore.
• won a special award from Toshiba Japan for creating an outstanding global dealer management software solution.
• been awarded a 100% score-card from SEI Investments, USA.
• won the number one Software Exporter award from Noida Software Technology Park for the sixth consecutive year
NIIT’s offshore development centres in Delhi were ranked as the sixth largest software producer for global markets in the Nasscom Industry Survey 2000.