CRM's sticking points - and seven tips to survive them
In the second of our two-part series looking at the changing challenges of the CRM sector, experts discuss the main obstacles to successful CRM and how to overcome them.
- Learn about your CRM system. Many companies have CRM systems with capabilities that are not being leveraged.
- Upgrade your technology to take advantage of the newer capabilities.
- Leverage integrations with the rest of the IT ecosystem to make your tool more productive.
- Align your CRM system with best-practice processes.
- Measure your success. Gather feedback from CRM users. Use feedback to evolve your systems to realise a greater ROI.
- Dedicate the right headcount for the proper care and feeding of your application.
- Train your users to understand and use your CRM system.
You might also be interested in
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 15 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined Sift Media in 2007.