In the second of our two-part series looking at the changing challenges of the CRM sector, experts discuss the main obstacles to successful CRM and how to overcome them.
- Learn about your CRM system. Many companies have CRM systems with capabilities that are not being leveraged.
- Upgrade your technology to take advantage of the newer capabilities.
- Leverage integrations with the rest of the IT ecosystem to make your tool more productive.
- Align your CRM system with best-practice processes.
- Measure your success. Gather feedback from CRM users. Use feedback to evolve your systems to realise a greater ROI.
- Dedicate the right headcount for the proper care and feeding of your application.
- Train your users to understand and use your CRM system.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.