Customers to SAP: "Drop the spin! Fill us in!"by
SAP customers have called on the vendor to clear up growing confusion about its portfolio.
Few would deny that SAP has caught ‘Cloud religion’ and has put its money where its corporate mouth is by spending billions on acquiring the likes of Ariba, Sybase and SuccessFactors to flesh out its ambitions.
- More than half (58%) of SAP users feel that the company is not making it attractive enough for on-premise customers to migrate to Cloud solutions.
- Some 80% of users say they just don’t understand how to upgrade to or integrate SAP’s On Demand modules with their existing SAP implementations.
- And an overwhelming 95% of respondents reckon that after investing in on premise solutions to begin with, they should be offered discounts or the ability to trade-in on-premise licenses for SAP’s Cloud offerings.
- 95% of SAP users believe that the company’s software licensing is ‘overly complicated’
- 67% find it increasingly difficult to keep track of licence usage as SAP adds acquisitions and functionality
- 97% don’t understand the licensing implications of migrating to the Cloud.