Radian6 + Buddy Media + social advertising = Social.comby
26th Apr 2013
Two years ago Salesforce.com splashed out $2.6 million to snap up the snappy domain name, Social.com, and last week the Cloud giant revealed out what it was planning to do with it.
The firm used the San Francisco leg of its global Customer Company tour to bring Radian6 and Buddy Media under a single domain - Social.com - and added social advertising to the mix.
Effectively what this now means is that the Marketing Cloud (Salesforce.com version) has three prongs:
- Social media listening via Radian6
- Content publishing via Buddy Media
- Branding via Social.com
PItched at agencies, brand managers and retailers, Social.com's offerings enable:
- Creation of social and mobile ad campaigns which the firm says can reach consumers onWeb, mobile, or tablet devices. Targeting has also been enhanced so that the right audience is reached based on demographics, conversations, or social interests and activities.
- Optimisation of social ad campaigns so that companies can track and analyse ad performance as well as monitor what people are saying about it.
- Automation of social social ad campaigns to enable users to adjust ad spend by establishing and defining rules relating to real-time optimisation decisions.
Salesforce.com argues that social advertising is a huge opportunity for marketers with spend more than doubling from $4.7 billion in 2012 to $11 billion in 2017, according to BIA Kelsey
Social media has achieved a recognisable level of credibility in the marketing world and if brands don't have it in their marketing mix, they are missing a huge touch point with potential customers," said Jonathan Nelson, CEO, Omnicom Digital.
“Smart marketers are buying media in real-time and working with the latest tools to ensure they are delivering the right message, at the right time, to the right person, which is even more imperative in the connected, social world."