Social selling: Transforming social media content into sales intelligenceby
Many of today’s most successful companies are now using social media to understand their customers’ needs and stay one step ahead of the competition, says Andrew Yates. But how does this approach often referred to as social selling or social CRM actually work?
- They use specialised software to monitor and integrate relevant social media commentary into their CRM system, continually and automatically.
- They can choose what information they receive, and how and when they receive it.
- They can filter out any ‘noise’ so that the information they receive is consistently relevant, timely and specific.
- Salespeople can remain connected to this data through push alerts to both office-based and mobile devices.
- All of these processes are quick and easy to initiate.
Andrew Yates is CEO of Artesian Solutions.
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.