The seven signs of sales team complacency - and four reasons it happensby
Are your sales team stuck in status quo? In this article, leading sales expert Andy Preston explains the problems that ’status quo’ can have, and what to do to make sure your team don’t fall into that common trap.
Reason number one: No pressure from management
Reason number two: No personal goals
Reason number three: No challenge from colleagues
Reason number four: They’re tired and jaded
Seven signs to look out for
- You have one top performer that brings in a lot of business, without a close challenger.
- You’ve had a number of salespeople that have been in a similar role for a while now.
- The same prospect names appear during the ‘pipeline’ discussions at your sales team meetings.
- You pay a high basic salary and your sales team don’t seem hugely motivated to win new business.
- Some of your sales team don’t respond well to your questions and have an ‘I know what I’m doing’ mentality.
- Your sales team have more experience in the company (or the industry) than you have.
- Your salespeople try to divert the conversation from ‘prospects’ and ‘new business’ to how busy they are with existing clients or paperwork.
Andy Preston is a sales training and cold call selling expert.