Frank Eliason: Five tips from the father of social customer serviceby
Widely regarded as one of the fathers of modern customer service, and described by Bloomberg as “the most famous customer service manager in the US and possibly in the world”, Frank Eliason has carved out a remarkable reputation since pioneering the use of social media in service at Comcast.
1. Social customer service isn’t about quieting down loud customers
2. Don’t forget about the human factor in customer service
3. Service culture can be better developed through stories rather than statistics
4. You can't empower your service agents until you address your communication
5. Speed and information access are key when it comes to social media tools
After two decades of experience working as a journalist and editor covering business and technology, including over 15 years as editor of MyCustomer, Neil now works as senior content manager at skills-based workforce management platform provider Spotted Zebra. ...