The hybrid hub: Seven steps to a single view of the customer voiceby
A single view of the customer voice across all channels would be hugely valuable but no centralised VOC hub is yet available from vendors. So how can firms implement a hybrid approach to get the next best thing? Gartner's Jim Davies explains.
- Direct – information consciously given to the business by the customer, such as a survey.
- Indirect – where the business listens into conversations about the business, as with social media monitoring.
- Inferred – where the business makes an inference on the customer’s voice based on all the operational data and customer experiences.
1. Recruit a chief customer officer or similar cross-departmental role
2. Install a virtual team below the chief customer officer
3. Undertake a technology audit
4. Identify the gaps
5. Establish the best architecture
6. Establish how you will facilitate the movement of insights
7. A final word of caution
Neil Davey is the managing editor of MyCustomer. An experienced business journalist and editor, Neil has worked on a variety of newspapers, magazines and websites over the past 20 years, including Internet Works, CXO magazine and Business Management. He joined MyCustomer in 2007.