With studies emphasising the importance of good customer service, is it time for your firm to check it is performing?
It’s often said that the customer is King. In which case I would say that customer service should be regarded as Queen.
However, we humans love a new challenge and often quickly lose interest with the familiar. And one of the things that we already know is that the quality of customer service is a major driver of business success. The fact that this is old news doesn’t make it any less important.
- Provide good service in the first place – it avoids a host of follow on problems
- Ensure that you have a culture of respecting and helping customers and lead by example
- When a customer complains, apologise and correct things immediately
- Get customer feedback and do something with it, embrace the negative as an opportunity to improve
- Use a mystery shopper to do regular checks on your service
- Make sure your excellent service extends to every customer touch point, across all channels