Crowdservice: The future of customer support?
How is the growing trend for sourcing customer support from the crowd impacting the customer service sector? Guy Stephens explores.
- "Change iPhone sim card": 5,110 videos, one of which has been viewed 609,156 times
- "Find the best mortgage": 1,870 videos, one of which has been viewed 1,652 times
- "How to change a motorcycle tyre": 101 videos, one of which - 'how to change a motorcycle tyre by hand' - has been viewed 102,032 times
- Quora, a social networking website that aggregates questions and answers to many topics and allows users to collaborate on them
- Pownum, a site for rating organisations
- ComplaintCommunity, a complaint management community
- Plebble, a consumer and business rating service
- Klout, a service measuring online influence
- Qype, a platform for local recommendations and reviews
- Get Satisfaction, a community allowing customers and companies to connect around the products and services they use
- Amplicate, an opinion aggregator
Guy Stephens is a senior consultant at Foviance and founder of the LinkedIn group - where social media meets customer service. He has over 10 years experience working in the digital space in online marketing, eCRM, natural search and latterly social media. Guy is an avid tweeter (@guy1067) and occasional blogger on http://beingguy1067.wordpress.com