Non value demand vs value demand: Driving process design into customer serviceby
The one time you force your customers to contact you is when they don’t want to. And what makes this worse, says Ian Gotts, is that companies often compound it with poorly thought through, inadequately tested and inconsistently applied business processes.
- Outsourcing: let someone else talk to your customers
- Self service: let them find their own answers
- Search/social networking: let someone else help them
- Report a fault or error in a product or service
- Fix a problem in a product or service
- Confirm or acknowledge a change of contract or other details
- Update personal details
- Ask for an increase in credit limit
- Cancel a product or service
- Order a product or service
- Give feedback
Ian Gotts is CEO at Nimbus.