Need any help? Please let us know
The role of customer success in CX
You'll hear from:
Why is the customer success function so en vogue in businesses right now - and how does it tie in with customer experience management?
In 2018, LinkedIn research found Customer Success was the third fastest growing role in the job market, with the professional network estimating that there has been 91% year-on-year growth. Conversely, Deloitte’s 2019 Enterprise Customer Success Study and Outlook report also found rapid expansion of customer success teams – with most starting from scratch within the last 2-4 years and 55% of those reporting 10 or more members compared with the year previous.
With such a boon time for the customer success function, we speak with Lee Roquet, chief customer officer for Yellowfin and Sue Nabeth Moore, co-founder of Success Chain, to establish why customer success functions are so en vogue in businesses and how that ties in with customer experience.
- The criteria and mandate of the customer success function.
- The key skills of a customer success function and its employees.
- Whether customer success is different to customer experience.
- Where CS should sit within a business’s overall CX strategy and whether the myriad terminology is confusing for people.
- What advice Lee and Sue would give to fellow customer success professionals or CX professionals looking to create a customer success function in their business.